American Museum of Natural History
American Museum of Natural History. Location on an interactive map and geographic coordinates.
The museum is situated on Central Park West in 79th Street, New York, USA.
This is one of the most recognizable and interesting museums in the world. It was founded on the 6th of April,1869. The museum is visited by about 5 million tourists every year. Open every day (except Christmas Day and Thanksgiving Day) from 10:00 to 18:00. The museum has more than 32 million exhibits. The museum consists of 27 buildings interconnected. They are divided into thematic sections and a large library. The library has more than 460 thousand books. There are very rare and unique materials among these books.
- Some of the most interesting places in the museum:
- The Rose Center for Earth and Space (located in a giant transparent cube). The building is a huge sphere of Hayden. From the top of the sphere is they can to observe the sky, and from the bottom - the Big Bang.
- Hall "Ocean Life" (in which there is a model of a blue whale in the present size-19m.)
- In the hall of minerals of Harry Frank Guggenheim there are many unique geological samples of different forms.
- Hall of the Dinosaurs has a large collection of different types of dinosaurs.
- In the hall of the Birds of the World there are many specimens of rare species of birds.
In the museum you can eat in a restaurant and buy souvenirs.
The museum was shot in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow", in the TV series "Friends" and others. Especially it began to be famous after showing the comedy "Night at the Museum".